Anna's Diary

Date of birth: Thursday, 16 March 2006. Place of birth: Zagreb, Croatia. 3,420g & 52cm, at birth.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bon odori


Both my mama's and papa's countries have a day, or days, to remember your great, great grand mothers and fathers who are not on this planet any more.

Here in Cambodia, they have the same custom and apparently it is a very important period of the year.

Mama and papa took me to this cheerful 'Bon odori' or 'Bon dancing' festival which was organized by many Japanese people living in this country. Papa says that 'Bon odori' is a popular custom in his country, during the days to remember one's ancestors.

While it is purely a custom of papa's country, I saw many Cambodian people and other foreigners enjoying the dancing too, and it was very beautiful! I have already put 'Bon odori' on my list of things what I want to do when I will be big enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home